Code of conduct
GENERAL CLUB CODE OF CONDUCT
Virtue School of Gymnastics is fully committed to safeguarding of all our members, we adhere to the strict guidelines under British Gymnasts in regards to the welfare of our children. The club believes it is important that all members must show respect and understanding for the welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns that they may have about any aspect of the club with our coaches or our Welfare Officer. Our Welfare Officer can be contacted confidentially on:
Welfare officer: Trina Farrance
Contact number: 07576535421
Contact email: Trina.firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of Virtue you are expected to abide by the following club code of conduct:
Gymnasts must wear suitable clothing at training sessions in line with the British Gymnastics Code of Dress Policy. Long hair must be tied back securely and no jewellery (including earrings) or watches may be worn. All recreational members must wear a Virtue club leotard.
Gymnasts must bring plenty to drink to each session.
All members must behave appropriately at all times.
Gymnasts must be delivered to and collected from training sessions on time. All gymnasts should be delivered to and collected from within the gym hall and not expected to wait outside. Without walking home release consent your child will not be allowed to leave the gym hall without a parent or guardian present, regardless of their age.
- If a child is going to be absent or they will be collected late, the club must be informed.
- Please ensure no valuables are left in the gym. The Club is not responsible for loss of any valuables.
- Gymnasts must not use any of the apparatus unless a qualified coach is present.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in the premises.
- No spectators allowed, with the exception of play gym and Bows classes.
- All fees must be paid promptly.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect.
- All members should inform the coach in charge, of any illness or injury at the start of each session.
- Gymnasts must not eat or chew gum within the gym.
- All members must respect all fellow club members.
- No bad language to be used.
- All members should aim to establish good communications with all members within the club.
- All members should respect the gym and the policies of the third party venues.
- No threatening behaviour, violence, verbal or physical towards any other members.
- Gymnasts must be delivered to and collected from training sessions on time. All gymnasts should be delivered to and collected from within the gym hall and not expected to wait outside. Without selecting the walking home release option on the enrolment form your child will not be allowed to leave the gym hall without a parent or guardian present, regardless of their age.
Failure to adhere to the code of conduct and/or breaches of other club policies will result in disciplinary action and may lead to suspension or exclusion from the club.