Squad code of conduct
Virtue School of Gymnastics is fully committed to safeguarding of all our members, we adhere to the strict guidelines under British Gymnasts in regards to the welfare of our children. The club believes it is important that all members must show respect and understanding for the welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns that they may have about any aspect of the club with our coaches or our Welfare Officer. Our Welfare Officer can be contacted confidentially on:
Welfare officer: Trina Farrance
Contact number: 07576535421
Contact email: Trina.firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of Virtue Squad you are expected to abide by the club code of conduct (which can be found on our website) as well as the following squad code of conduct: Failure to adhere to the code of conduct’s and/or breaches of other club policies will result in disciplinary action and may lead to suspension or exclusion from the club.
- All members must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions
- Members should behave appropriately at training, competitions or events and remember they are representing the club at all times
- All members must respect opponents and officials when at competitions
- All members must respect fellow members at all times, both in and out of the gym
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions/events or inform their coach if they are going to be late or absent. Low attendence may result in dismissal from the squad
- Members must wear suitable attire for both training and events as agreed with the coach. Keep all long hair tied back neatly at events and in training and remove all body jewellery
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly
- Members must not use bad language, smoke, consume alcohol or take drugs of any kind whilst representing the club at competitions or other events or in training
- Members should treat all equipment with respect
- Members must inform the head coach of any injuries or illness or concerns they may have before the warm-up begins
- Members should not eat or chew gum during a session
- All gymnasts must have full club uniform/kit : leotard, T shirt, Hoody, Black trousers
- Trainers, socks, weights, notepad, water bottle, chalk must be brought to every session
- Members must not use derogatory language of any kind towards fellow athletes, members or coaches at any time
- Members should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by their parent or guardian
- Members should never use social media sites ie facebook, instagram, twitter or mobile services ie bbm, whatsapp to post any disrespectful, derogatory or inappropriate comment’s towards Virtue, coaches, other members or other clubs and their members.
- Gymnasts should always ask their coach for permission to be dismissed from the gym for either toilet or drink breaks
- Gymnasts should take training seriously and not mess around you are in a squad for a reason and you should perform every thing to the best of your ability every session
- All members attitudes towards gymnastics should be positive
- Squad gymnasts have to condition to the best of their ability both in training and at home
- Gymnasts must attend all competitions and events unless there is good reason
- Gymnasts must be delivered to and collected from training sessions on time. All gymnasts should be delivered to and collected from within the gym hall and not expected to wait outside. Without selecting the walking home release option on the enrolment form your child will not be allowed to leave the gym hall without a parent or guardian present, regardless of their age.
Failure to adhere to the code of conduct and/or breaches of other club policies will result in disciplinary action and may lead to suspension or exclusion from the club.