Squad code of conduct
Virtue School of Gymnastics is fully committed to safeguarding of all our members, we adhere to the strict guidelines under British Gymnasts in regards to the welfare of our children. The club believes it is important that all members must show respect and understanding for the welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns that they may have about any aspect of the club with our coaches or our Welfare team.
As a member of Virtue Squad you are expected to abide by the club code of conduct as well as the following squad code of conduct.
- All members must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions
- Members should behave appropriately at training, competitions or events and remember they are representing the club at all times
- All members must respect opponents and officials when at competitions
- All members must respect fellow members at all times, both in and out of the gym
- Gymnasts should always ask their coach for permission to be dismissed from the gym for either toilet or drink breaks
- Members should never use social media sites or mobile services to post any disrespectful, derogatory or inappropriate comment’s towards Virtue, coaches, other members or other clubs and their members.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions/events or inform their coach if they are going to be late or absent. Low attendance may result in dismissal from the squad
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly
- Trainers, socks, weights, notepad, water bottle, chalk and any additional kit requests must be brought to every session
- Gymnasts should take training seriously and not mess around you are in a squad for a reason and you should perform every thing to the best of your ability every session
- All members attitudes towards training should be positive
- Squad gymnasts have to condition to the best of their ability both in training and at home
- Gymnasts must attend all competitions and events unless there is good reason
Failure to adhere to the code of conduct and/or breaches of other club policies will result in disciplinary action and may lead to suspension or exclusion from the club.